Linking a smart card to a getmethere.com account
You can add a smart card to an account to buy tickets (including adding tram and train to a concessionary pass) online. You can add these smart cards:
- get me there card
- igo card (You need to be at least 13 to create your own account.)
- Our Pass
- Cycle Hub card
- TfGM-issued concessionary travel pass
Step 1. If you don’t have one already, you will need to create an account
- You’ll be asked to complete a form with all your details and to confirm that you’ve read the get me there terms and conditions.
- These terms cover how to buy tickets for your smart card and how to use your card when travelling.
Step 2. Once your account is created, you will receive an email asking you to verify your email address
- Click on the link in the email and your account is set up.
- If you’re locked out of your account (eg you’ve forgotten your password), you’ll need to call us to unlock it, on 03000 035 035, before you can add a card.
Step 3. How to add your card
- Log in to your account and click on Add an existing compatible smart card now
- Use the drop-down menu to select the type of card you are adding
- Enter the number on your card and click Next step
- Fill in your surname, postcode and date of birth (this information is used to check that the smart card is registered to you)
- You’ll get chance to check your card number and, if everything is OK, click Submit
That’s it, you’re all done!
- You will get an email confirming that your card is linked to your account.
- You can now log in at any time and click on Buy a ticket or travelcard (Also use this button if you want to add tram and train to your concessionary pass.)
Top tips for buying tickets with your getmethere.com account
- You can buy a ticket or travelcard up to 7 days in advance and it will be available to collect the day after you buy it. You can only buy one ticket, for each card, at a time and you’ll need to collect it from a Metrolink smart reader before you can buy another one online.
- If you pay to add tram and train, you will need to touch-in with your concessionary pass at a Metrolink smart reader within 14 days, at any tram stop, for your pass to be updated. If you need your pass for travelling by train and won’t be able to visit a Metrolink stop first, we suggest you buy from a TfGM Travelshop.
- You won’t be able to buy a ticket if your card is full or if you have a ticket waiting to be collected.
- If you are buying a weekend travelcard, you’ll need to select zones 1+2+3+4 in the drop-down menu.
- Our Pass customers can buy an off-peak 1-day travelcard or a weekend travelcard for half-price, by selecting the 16-18 ticket option.
- To unlink a card from your account or for any other help, please call us on 03000 035 035. We are open 7am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 8pm Saturday and Sunday.