16-18 get me there card
Use your 16-18 get me there card as ID for:
- 50% off an AnyBus 1-day travelcard (buy on the bus)
- 50% off a Metrolink off peak day or weekend travelcard
A get me there 16 – 18 card is both an ID card and a smart card, which means you can buy a ticket online, store it on your card and use the smart readers when you travel.
Use your get me there account to buy:
- discounted off peak day or weekend tram travelcards - 50% off adult prices
- adult tram tickets
- adult AnyBus & Tram combined tickets (you will need to touch-in using a smart reader at a tram stop, before using your smart card on a bus)
Once you have a valid ticket on your card:
- touch-in at the smart reader before boarding a tram or at the ticket machine as you board a bus
- touch-out at the smart reader when you finish your journey by tram
- you don’t need to touch-out when travelling by bus
The smart readers on tram stops now accept contactless cards and devices for travel. Please move your smart card away from your payment cards, when you use a smart reader. For example, if you keep your card in a wallet or purse, remove it before you touch-in and touch-out. This will make sure you’re not charged on a contactless card you didn’t intend to use.
NEW from 1 September 2019 – Our Pass
Our Pass is a new scheme for young people aged 16-18 to help them easily access work and leisure opportunities, training, education and skills throughout Greater Manchester. It will be replacing the 16-18 get me there card.
From 1 September 2019, Our Pass will entitle holders to free travel on local bus services across Greater Manchester and they can also buy off-peak 1-day and weekend travelcards for the tram at half adult prices.
If you already have a 16-18 get me there card, which would still be valid on 1 September 2019, you will be contacted by email with details of how your card will be replaced. If you don’t have a 16-18 get me there card, you can apply for Our Pass from the ourpass.co.uk website from 1 July 2019.